The apportionment of billing for common development and common buildings costs is outlined below. The different types of charges expected to be apportioned under each category listed (although the list should not be considered exhaustive).
Sinclair Place, Sinclair Gardens & Sinclair Close – 306 properties
- Public liability and common cover insurance premium and excesses
- Legal costs
- Factor fees
- External electricity costs (for lamps, fountains, etc.)
- Garden Maintenance
- Fountain Maintenance
- Ad-hoc repairs to and maintenance costs for “common parts of the Sinclair development” – includes the bike & bin stores (see note 1 below)
All flats – 292 properties (i.e. excluding the townhouses)
- Block buildings insurance premium and excesses
- Internal electricity costs (for stairwell lighting)
- Communal stairwell and window cleaning
- The costs for ad-hoc repairs to and maintenance of any part of the common building (“common parts of the building” as per the Sinclair deeds), including stairwell matters, are apportioned as follows:
Block C (27 – 29 SP) – 28 properties
Block D (24 – 26 SP) – 32 properties
Block E (1 – 5 SG) – 44 properties
Block F (18 – 20 SP) – 36 properties
Block G (1 – 2 SP) – 20 properties
Block H (Townhouses) – 14 properties
Block I (3 – 6 SP) – 44 properties
Owners are liable for costs pertaining to their individual property, for example the repair of a door entry button, provision of a new parking post etc. The Factor should be contacted regarding these matters.
Note 1: Formerly repairs to the bin stores were allocated to a building as per the deeds. At a committee meeting on the 5th March 2013 motion 5 was passed to make repairs to the bin stores communal.